Installing your OSPOS is difficult but what is more difficult is not knowing how to make it ready for use. To configure OSPOS, it is very easy but that is only if you know where to go and what to do.
In this quick tutorial, I will assist you with all the necessary information you need to configure your OSPOS and make it ready for use.
I have already talked about how to install OSPOS and I have given a free sample page where you can login and check how it looks like. If you missed that, you can go back to my previous post.
As soon as you login, check the the top-right corner of the dashboard and click on “Office“
Next, Click on ‘Configuration‘
The next page you will get to will be ‘Information‘.
- Information: Here, you will have to enter company’s name, upload logo, phone number, email address, physical address, website and return policy. This information will show on your receipt if printed so you have to make sure you are entering accurate information.
- General: Here you get the options to change theme, activate sales discounts and back up. You can also activate reCAPTCHA under this same tab.
- Tax: This is the Tax configuration tab so everything you want to set about Tax, this where you go to do it.
- Localization: Under this tab you get to change everything to show exactly where you will be using this software. Time Zone, Date, Time, Language, Payment options and Currency. To change currency, you can easily change currency by change Localization. Example; changing currency from US Dollar to Ghana Cedi. Just enter ‘ en_Gh’ into the localization box. This automatically changes the currency. If you don’t know your localization, simply heard to GitHub and check for your country. Check screenshot below.
- Barcode: This gives you all the options you need to set your Barcode including automatic Barcode generation, width and type.
- Receipt: This is where you set everything that goes onto your receipt. From size to what you want to appear on the receipt.
- Invoice: You can enable invoicing under this tab.
Others: You can setup a person email under the email tab, You can also enable rewards, dinner tables or an automated SMS.
These are some of the key configurations you must go through first before you start using the software.
If you have any problem, you can leave a comment below and don’t forget to check the “Follow comment” so that if I reply, you will get notified.