Probably you have heard about the OSPOS but don’t know how to get it working. In here you will learn how to install Open Source Point Of Sale software using Softaculous.
If you don’t know much about the software, you can probably check my previous article about the OSPOS.
With this tutorial, I will be explaining how you can easily install OSPOS online with Softaculous.
What You Need
- Hosting that has ‘Softaculous Apps Installer‘
Not all hosting services include ‘Softaculous Apps Installer‘ so you have to find out from your hosting service provider before you purchase. I recommend Namecheap because I have installed OSPOS on their shared hosting many times.
Note: Softaculous apps installer is a one-click apps installer for hosting services. Even though without it, you can still install Open Source Point Of Sale, this tutorial is based on it. Maybe I will drop a different tutorial without softaculous but for now, it is the medium through which we are installing our OSPOS.
If you have got your hosting and domain ready, then just follow the flow below.
How To Install Open Source Point Of Sale
1. Log into your Cpanel.
2. Look for “Softaculous Apps Installer” and click to open.
3. Look for “E-commerce” as highlighted in the screenshot below and click on it to expand.
4. Now, click on Open Source Point Of Sale and click
5. Now click on ‘Install Now‘
6. After clicking install now, you should see a form. You have to fill all the fields with appropriate information.
Select the actual domain you would like to install the OSPOS on in case you have multiple domains in the same account. The Admin Username And Password are the key logins you will use anytime you want to log into the front-end of your POS.
First Name and Last Name are also key in the installation process. The email address is what you will use to unblock yourself in case you forget your Admin Password.
7. After filling everything, cross check to make sure everything is good. Hit the “Install” Button at the bottom of the page when you are done.
After a successful installation, you should see a Congratulations page. Just click on the Administrative URL on that page to open your OSPOS.
You can use the video tutorial below to make you understand better.
Read also: How To Configure OSPOS